NOW UNTIL FEBRUARY 5th, 2023 AT ARSENAL CONTEMPORARY ART MONTREAL
Attention Pink Floyd fans! The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains has been extended until February 5th, 2023. Some dates have already sold out and Arsenal Contemporary Art and S2BN Entertainment are adding an extra month to the exhibition to allow more visitors to discover this great retrospective of Pink Floyd, its music and the group’s major impact on art and music. The exhibit’s popularity has made it the must-see, most talked-about experience of Montreal’s cultural scene this season.
Tickets are on sale now.
Presented since November 4th, 2022, the exhibition has been critically acclaimed and hugely popular with the public. This enthusiasm confirms the unique bond between the legendary band and Montreal, chosen as the first place to host the exhibition outside of Europe and the United States. The Montreal presentation of The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains features a special tribute to the band’s history with the city featuring never-before-seen photographs from their 1973 The Dark Side of the Moon concert at the Forum and the 1977 show at the Olympic Stadium.
Retracing the 40-year career of the band, the exhibition follows a chronologic path from their debut to their last reunion, their legendary performance at the Live 8 concert in London’s Hyde Park. Featuring an incredible soundtrack of their music and more than 350 unique, masterfully created artifacts, instruments, props and giant set pieces from their history such as The Division Bell heads, the infamous inflatable pig from Animals, or the schoolmaster from The Wall, the exhibition presents a multimedia story about Pink Floyd: The band, their career, their inspiration and their creative process, including rare elements such as the original The Dark Side of the Moon album cover art
Wearing headphones and guided by the voices of the members of the band, the public become immersed in Pink Floyd’s universe discovering, room after room, the story behind the creation of legendary albums such as Ummagumma, The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall and many others. More than an exhibition just for fans, The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains has become a cultural monument that spans the generations, with people bringing their kids and even grandkids with them in order to share their memories and love of the band’s music and its impact on their lives, some returning several times in order to show it off to friends. Fans spend several hours in the exhibition, making it the perfect afternoon or evening activity to be experienced alone or with like-minded music lovers.
“I cannot recommend this enough… One of the coolest exhibitions that I’ve ever been to in my life. It is so well done, it is so extensive. It is so complete and thorough and entertaining… An absolute must if you’re a Pink Floyd fan.”Jason Rockman, CHOM FM
“It’s really, really incredible. Everything is tangible. You can really, really feel it, you can sense it.– Lee-La Baum, singer, The Damn Truth band
With a reunion unlikely to ever happen again, Their Mortal Remains is a must-visit for fans clamouring to experience the magic of Pink Floyd up close.”– Stewart Wiseman, Northern Transmissions
“The exhibit is meticulously designed and assembled…. Overall, it’s a well-designed walk through Pink Floyd’s emergence and evolution.”– Sofia Misenheimer, MTL Blog
Holiday Season Schedule
Starting December 20, 2022, the regular operating hours will be:
- Tuesday December 20th from 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. (last visit)
- Wednesday December 21st from 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. (last visit)
- Thursday December 22nd from 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. (last visit)
- Friday December 23rd from 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. (last visit)
- Saturday December 24th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (last visit)
- Sunday December 25th CLOSED
- Monday December 26th from 10:00 to 6:00 p.m. (last visit)
- Tuesday December 27th from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (last visit)
- Wednesday December 28th from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (last visit)
- Thursday December 29th from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (last visit)
- Friday December 30th from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (last visit)
- Saturday December 31st from 10:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last visit)
- Sunday January 1st CLOSED
- Monday January 2nd from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (last visit)
As of January 3rd 2023 until February 5th 2023, the exhibition will be open as following:
- Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. (last visit)
- Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (last visit)
- Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (last visit)